Saturday, April 19, 2008

4-19-2008




Coworker Bikeride day haha - today was very interesting




Last time I went out, we first went on his tandem bike and I used my clip in shoes. Kinda similar to the ones shown here - the toe has a metal plate wheic you clip into a pedal. To get your foot out of the pedal you click your heel to the right or left and viola you're not clipped in.


Well today I had my coworker change out my regular pedals to the Shimano clip in pedals I got with my bike. After a quick trial run we were off for our ride to the state park. To get to the park we have to cross a fairly busy road. So I unclip my right foot and keep my left clipped in. Well we're waiting for a clearing to go across the road and we see a truck coming to our right (which was a ways away) with a blinker on - well my coworker said ok lets go so he crosses the road then I try to start pedaling with 1 foot and this truck gets closer so i veer off to not kill myself. Well i TOTALLY forget my feet are clipped into the pedal so when I go to put my left foot on the ground - yep you guessed it - I fall over off my bike, scrape my knee & palm of my hand.
kinda looked similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ntc9lK1syE
I'm ok - so after that I decide I'm going to keep the pedals but instead unclip my left foot so I can pedal with my right with more power in those types of situations.
So we get to the park I pay my $1 to get in and we ride a total of 8.5 miles that day.


No comments: